October 4, 2021 | Monday | 17:00
What anomalies does the theater director application system have?
In the last season of the series Let’s do Theater! we discussed multiple times about the systemic anomalies through the lens of the current theater director applications. Then we invited guests who experienced it as applicants. This time, at the season opening we invite representatives of the other side, professionals of culture and public policy will discuss with Tibor Csizmadia.
Guests: Zsuzsanna Döme (Deputy Mayor of Ferencváros), Erzsébet Zsilinszky Protovinné (public policy specialist), István Szabó (former deputy director of the OSZMI – The Hungarian Theatre Museum and Institute and former director of the Ministry of Culture)
Some topics to be discussed about:
– the advantages and disadvantages of the application process in light of the experiences and impressions up to date
– application practice of other cultural institutions
– applications before and after the enactment of the Performing Arts Law
– the role of professional organizations from the call for applications to the decision-making
– the possibilities of use of the objective evaluation process
– the public in the application process
– the opportunities of the invitation-only application
The attendance is free of charge. For physical attendance, please follow the public health guidelines due to the ongoing pandemic. The online live broadcasting is available at the Facebook pages of the Jó Kérdés and the Hungarian Theatre Society, while the tape will be accessible later on the YouTube channel of the Hungarian Theatre Society.
Supported by the National Culture Fund