Erzsébet SCHAÁR (1908–1975)

Works from the collections of King St. Stephen Museum in Székesfehérvár
05 07 2018 – 27 08 2018

6pm 5th July, 2018

Opened by:
Péter KOVÁCS (art historian)

Erzsébet SCHAÁR has earned herself a place in twentieth century modern sculpture. Due to her exhibitions in Székesfehérvár, which had an important role in the artist’s career, and the works she created here, a significant part of her legacy was bought for Székesfehérvár by the Ministry of Culture in the last third of the seventies. All the pieces of the exhibition belong to the collections of King St. Stephen Museum. A permanent exhibition of the works was open from 1980 to 2005 at Jókai Street 11, on the second floor of Smohay House. This exhibition presents the artist’s oeuvre through 50 of her works.
Between 1925 and 1975, Erzsébet SCHAÁR used a variety of materials (lead, wood, bronze, artificial stone, glass, plastic) and sizes (from 10 cm to exhibition room size) in her works.
The exhibition “Works from the second floor”, currently hosted by FUGA, was open between February 1 and May 6, 2018 in the Deák Collection of St Stephen’s King Museum in Székesfehérvár. The exhibition offers an opportunity to rediscover the artist and her works. It is a tribute to artist as well as to staff of the Museum who helped her work.

  • 05

  • 75fb0547f88bb23bb32b9e376b535e0f

  • 14791186201j01-454x295